One of the benefits to owning your own domain is having the ability to create email addresses for that domain name. In this knowledgebase article we will guide you through the steps on how to add an email account to a domain on your hosting account through your billing dashboard and cPanel control panel.
Create an Email Account through Your Billing Dashboard
1. Log into your billing account by clicking this link: https://my.peopleshost.com/clientarea.php
2. Click the Services link in the top navigation. Then click the My Services link in the drop down menu.
3. On the next page, hover over any of your active hosting accounts and select the hosting account you wish to create an email account for.
4. Scroll down until you see Quick Create Email Account.
5. Enter your desired email address, choose a password, and click the +Create button.
Create an Email Account in cPanel Control Panel
1. Log into cPanel control panel. In your PeoplesHost Hosting Account Welcome email we provided you with your cPanel information in the Control Panel Information section of that email.
If you do not know this information you can retrieve your welcome email by logging into your billing account and clicking the HELLO, NAME! located in the top right of the navigation. In the drop down menu there will be a link for Email History. Click this to see past emails we have sent to your email address on file for your account. Look for the message subject Hosting Account - Welcome!, this will contain your cPanel information.
2. Once you have successfully logged into cPanel you'll want to search for the Email Accounts icon located in the Email section of the control panel. Click the Email Accounts icon.
3. On this page you will choose the name for your email account, choose a password, and determine the mailbox quota (how much storage size your email account will have).
4. In the Email field box you'll want to choose your domain name. This can be anything you'd like. For example, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Choose a strong password that you'll remember. You can also use the Password Generator, which will generate a strong password for you.
6. In the next step you'll want to choose the Mailbox Quota. This is the amount of space your email account will have. If you receive a lot of large files you'll want this number to be larger or to choose the option for Unlimited. By default, the Mailbox Quota is set to 1024MB, which is a gigabyte of space.
7. Click the Create Account button.
You have successfully created your email account.
Check Email for Your New Email Account
1. Click the Email Accounts icon in control panel (same icon you clicked to create this email account). Scroll down to the bottom and you'll see the new email account with an Access Webmail link. Click this link.
2. The next page will allow you to choose a Webmail Application (Horde, Roundcube, or SquerrelMail). Clicking any one of these options will take you to your email.
You can also access your email accounts from the web. This information is located in your Hosting Account - Welcome! email. To access your email on the web you can simply type the following address into your browser: http://yourdomain.com/webmail. Replace yourdomain with your domain name.
Lastly, for those of you who use a desktop client or email client on your computers, laptops, or other devicies you'll want to configure your email clients so your incoming/outgoing mail works properly. Instead of clicking the Access Webmail link next to the email account you just created you'll want to click the Configure Mail Client link. The next page will have settings you can use for both IMAP and POP3 (we highly recommend IMAP).
If you have any issues creating or setting up your email don't hesitate to reach out to support and one of our technical support members will be glad to assist you.
Looking for a reliable Windows or Linux hosting with Award Winning Customer Support?
Grab your hosting today with a 20% discount. All plans come with our 60 Money Back Guarantee!
Check out our plans & promotions on our website -- https://www.peopleshost.com/